DISNEY’S BROADWAY JUNIOR GRANT APPLICATION
Disney Theatrical Group is thrilled to gift a limited number of accredited US public schools with performance licenses to produce shows from our Broadway Junior catalog, free of charge!
The Broadway Junior catalog is comprised of two types of shows: JR. titles (designed for middle school students) and KIDS titles (designed for elementary school students).
The grant will include a comprehensive ShowKit® and the rights to hold public performances of your chosen show.
ShowKit® materials include:
- Director’s Guide
- Piano / Vocal Score
- 30 Actor’s Scripts
- Rehearsal and Accompaniment Tracks
- Choreography Videos
- Resources Disc
The grant will provide the standard ShowKit® outlined above. Should the school elect to use additional materials, such as additional scripts, they may be purchased separately and are the school’s responsibility. The grant is non-transferable and no refunds, exchanges, or cash equivalent of retail value are available.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, schools must meet the following minimum criteria:
- 50% free or reduced-lunch rate or higher and/or Title I status
- Be an accredited public school in the United States
- Demonstrate a commitment to the arts in their school by articulating whether or not they have existing arts partnerships, certified arts teachers, etc.
- Demonstrate need, as well as the capacity to support student production and theater learning
- Illustrate an understanding of the benefits of arts education
- Showcase compelling reasons for selection
- Demonstrate the ability to provide space, time, and resources to support and produce the show with either 3rd-6th graders (KIDS shows) or 6th-9th graders (JR. shows)
- Provide a plan to complete the show within one calendar year of receiving the materials
A school that does not qualify for all of the above criteria will not be considered for this opportunity. Schools will be expected to fulfill grant reporting requirements and be responsive to any inquiries of Disney Theatrical Group pertaining to the progress of the students and/or the show.
Note: Disney Theatrical Group reserves the right to redistribute the awarded materials if the school fails to utilize the materials within one calendar year of receiving them, or if the school no longer meets the criteria above.
Grants will be awarded twice annually.
The Spring deadline is April 1st. Applicants will be notified by May 17th.
- Recipients of the grant during this cycle should plan to perform their show by June 30th of the following year.
The Fall deadline is October 1st. Applicants will be notified by November 15th.
- Recipients of the grant during this cycle should plan to perform their show by December 31st of the following year.
Any applications received after the above deadlines will automatically be put into the next cycle for consideration.
Recipients must claim the grant within 15 days of being notified. The license for shows will then be valid for 1 year.
By filling out the application below you are confirming that your school meets or exceeds the above criteria and that you are an authorized representative for your school.
Please review the questions and answer as clearly, thoroughly, and specifically as possible. All questions must be answered in full in order to be considered – any vague responses or omissions will result in your school being eliminated from the review process.